EISA launched Supporting Newcomer Integration (SNI) in 2018. Even though this project is “young”, it has become one of few services available for refugee claimants and naturalized Canadian citizens in Alberta, supporting them to facilitate their social and economic integration through:
- Accessing community resources
- Accessing services provided by governments and organizations
- Learning about and celebrating different cultures
- Translating documents to support applications
- Meeting community members and socializing with community members at social and recreational activities and events in a safe and enjoyable environment.
What services do we offer?
We recognize the unique needs of refugee claimants and naturalized citizens. We provide a wide range of services to help them meet their needs and achieve their goals in multiple aspects. To assist them with their social and economic integration into the community in Edmonton, we
- Translate documents to support their applications for accessing programs and services
- Organize educational and recreational field trips
- Organize social and cross-cultural activities, including seasonal celebrations
- Hold information sessions
- Provide information on community resources and services
- Refer them to programs and services based on their needs and goals.
What is the fee?
Most of our services are free of charge. However, a minimum fee applies for document translation based on the size of your translation request. You only pay for the translation after the translation is completed.
Also, A small fee may apply for SOME field trips or social activities. You only pay for such field trips or social activities upon registration for these events.
How do you access our services?
You can book an appointment with us in three ways:
- Call 780-474-8445 and book an appointment with Alem or Bouchra.
- Click here and send us a message to book an appointment for the Supporting Newcomer Integration (SNI).
- Click here to book an appointment with Alem or Bouchra.
We may require supporting documents when confirming the appointment.
Bouchra can speak Arabic and French, and Alem can speak Amharic, Tigrigna, and French. If an interpretation service is needed, please let us know when booking an appointment.