The above quilting wall hanging depicts our New Neighbours Program accurately. Since 1989, we have been playing a crucial role in supporting new Edmontonians to start their settlement in Edmonton through:
- Meeting new people
- Making new friends
- Learning about and celebrating different cultures
- Accessing helpful community resources
- Enjoying social and recreational activities and events in a safe and enjoyable environment.
Who do we help and support?
All newcomers to Edmonton! We welcome all new Edmontonians to be our “new neighbours”, including Temporary Foreign Workers, International Students, Refugee Claimants, Protected Persons, Visitors, Permanent Residents, and Naturalized Citizens.
What do we do to support new Edmontonians?
- Match newcomers with volunteer Mentors
- Organize educational and recreational field trips
- Organize social and cross-cultural activities, including seasonal celebrations
- Hold English Conversation Circles led by our Facilitators
- Hold information sessions
- Provide information on community resources
- Refer newcomers to programs and services based on their needs and goals.
What is the fee?
There is no fee. The service of the New Neighbours Program is free. A small fee may apply for SOME field trips or group outings. You only pay for such field trips or group outings upon registration for these events.
How do you access our services?
You can book an appointment with us in three ways:
- Call 780-474-8445 and book an appointment with Gemalil or Gloria.
- Click here and send us a message to book an appointment for the New Neighbours Program.
- Click here to book an appointment with Gemalil or Gloria.
We may require supporting documents when confirming the appointment.
Gemalil can speak Tagalog, and Gloria can speak Spanish. If an interpretation service is needed, please let us know when booking an appointment.