Support Services-Commissioner for Oaths Services

We do NOT provide Notary Public Services. If you need Notary Public Services, you will need to contact a lawyer.

When you need a commissioner for oaths

In Alberta, a Commissioner for Oaths is defined by the Commissioners for Oaths Act in the Statutes of Alberta, Chapter C-19. A Commissioner for Oaths administers oaths, and takes and receives affidavits, declarations, and affirmations that will be used in Alberta. Therefore, you need a commissioner for the oaths when you declare a statement is true or when you need to certify/notarize a true copy of your original document (s).

Eligible clients

To be eligible for the Language Bank Program services, a client can be:

  • a Permanent Resident of Canada;
  • a Convention Refugee or Protected Person as defined in Section 95 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; or
  • an individual who has been selected to become a permanent resident
  • a refugee claimant
  • a naturalized Canadian citizen


A small fee will be charged. Please inquire more information when booking an appointment.

Contact our commissioners for oaths

Our commissioners for oaths takes appointment ONLY. Please call 780-474-8445 to book an appointment before you come to our office.